I've never been a real fan of cookies, but Double stuf Oreos and oatmeal raisin cookies are just delicious. I've never made "American" style cookies before, but I looked at some recipes online and changed them a bit. The cookies ended up being just what I wanted; with a hint of cinnamon and a bit chewy and soft in the middle. The best part when making these was the incredible smell that filled the whole apartment!The cookies are quite sweet, so just one cookie can definitely take away any craving for something sweet :)
Recipe for About 15 large Cookies
4,5 dl wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1,5 teaspoons salt
1,5 dl oatmeals
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 dl raisins
2,5dl brown sugar(I used cane sugar)
2,5dl white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
You'll also need:
A coffee mug
A baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 175 celsius
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oatmeals and raisins in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds in the coffee mug so that it get softer.
Put the butter, eggs, and sugars in another bowl. After this, Using a hand mixer mix the ingredients until mixture turns into a cream. It should be lighter in colour and have bubbles in it.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients into the cream. Now the cookie dough is ready.
5. Now it's time to make meatball sized "balls" out of the dough. This is easier if hands are a bit wet.
6. Don't put the cookie balls too close to eachother. Otherwise they will stick together in the oven. Put About 10 cookies per tray.
7. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes in 175 celsius. They need to have a golden brown colour.
8. Let the cookies cool for about an hour. They will taste better.
|A perfect treat for a chilly sunday :)|