Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Keeping that hair Blonde and healthy

T and I are both blonde, and sometimes even we feel a bit annoyed how much "work" it needs to keep the hair nice. It helps that we're not naturally that dark haired, but still the roots need to be coloured every now and then. I have actually been thinking lately that I will give my hair a rest and not bleach it in a few months. It will be hard, but thank god summer is coming, thus my hair will get light naturally :)

Women who have blonde hair know that sometimes the colour might change into an orangy or yellowy tone. Another problem might be that the hair is very dry. My hair gets quite dry during the winter time and I've noticed that the water in Toronto is weirdly drying! Here's some of my personal favourite products that help my hair stay shiny, conditioned and NOT yellow :
From left: The L'Oreal professional Silver Gloss Protect System Shampoo( what a long name!) has a lot of violet pigment in it, which in my opinion is a good thing. The violet in the shampoo is a complementayt colour to the yellow and it  makes your hair more of a silvery colour. I usually wash my hair with this 1-2 times per week and let it stay in my hair for about 5min. My "normal" shampoo at he moment is John Frieda's full repair.

The L'Oreal Shine Blonde Seraflash conditioner is my ultimate favourite conditioner. It makes my hair silky and also has a tint of violet in it to reduce the brassiness. I usually mix a small amount of this with the Tigi's Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner. The Moisture Maniac is a great conditioner for anyone because you can also use it as a hair "mask" if you have very dry hair! 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment