Chocolate cake with pistachio
2 dl sugar
150 g dark chocolate
150 g butter or margarine
1 1/4 dl wheat flour
A handful of salted pistachios
For the topping:
150g dark cholate
(half of the pistachios)
Now, here in Toronto I have only one kind of cake mold, which is way too big and makes the cake a bit too flat. Anyways, I suggest you use a springform pan(diameter about 25cm) Other cake molds are ok too, but it must not bee too wide.
- Heat the oven: 200 celsius
- Crush the nuts into small pieces.
- Melt the butter and chocolate on low heat. Remember to stir the mix all the time, as chocolate will "burn" very easily. When the texture is smooth, let it cool down a bit.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture turns firm and almost white
- Add the melted chocolate-butter into the egg-sugar batter. Mix properly until smooth.
- Add the flour and half of the pistachio crunch. Mix.
- Pour the whole batter into the springform pan and put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The cake must be a bit "runny" in the middle. You can check this with a toothpick or match.
- After the oven let the cake stay and cool off for about 15 min.
- Melt the other 150 g of dark chocolate. When melted, pour it onto the cake and spread smoothly.
- Put the rest of the pistachio crush on the cake. The cake is best when cool, so after putting the chocolate and pistachio on, you might want to put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Remember to cover it with foil!